Lakewood is a highly sought-after neighborhood in Northwest Austin, due to its proximity to major throughways, shops, restaurants and incredible natural surroundings. The community is centrally located just off North Capital of Texas Hwy, near the intersection of RM 2222. Lakewood is nestled below Jester Estates, near the arched 360 Bridge, an architectural wonder that affords spectacular views of the scenic Texas Hill Country. About 10 miles from downtown Austin, Lakewood is a convenient commute to most areas of town, the University of Texas and three recreational lakes.
Lakewood Homes For Sale
- $1,399,000 : MLS # 8335319 in Kingsland4 beds, 4 baths
- $180,000 : 20704 Thurman Bend RD, Spicewood2 beds, 2 baths
- $449,900 : MLS # 9929283 in Kingsland4 beds, 3 baths
- $649,000 : 6516 Twin Creek HOLW, Austin3 beds, 2 baths
- $255,000 : 5108 Columbia WAY, Kingsland3 beds, 3 baths
- $425,000 : 6415 Wallace CV, Austin4 beds, 3 baths
- $399,000 : 6410 Paintbrush HOLW, Austin3 beds, 3 baths
- $450,000 : 5601 Driftwood DR, Austin3 beds, 2 baths
- $339,900 : 6107 Gardenridge HOLW, Austin3 beds, 2 baths
- $349,900 : 7320 Cave HOLW, Austin2 beds, 3 baths
- $455,000 : 6609 Robbie Creek CV, Austin3 beds, 3 baths
- $649,000 : 20906 Mockingbird LN, Spicewood4 beds, 4 baths
- $615,000 : 7716 Lakewood DR, Austin4 beds, 3 baths
- $389,700 : 7417 Waldon DR, Austin3 beds, 2 baths
- $475,000 : 20723 E Lakeshore DR, Spicewood3 beds, 2 baths
- $395,000 : 6824 N Lakewood DR, Georgetown4 beds, 3 baths
- $569,000 : 7716 Waldon DR #F, Austin4 beds, 3 baths
See all Lakewood MLS Listings.
(all data current as of 9/19/2017)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
About the Neighborhood
Lakewood is a close-knit community with a clubhouse, playground, tennis courts, swimming pool and green spaces. Developed in the 70’s, abundant mature trees and spectacular views enhance the neighborhood’s beauty. The majority of homes were built by the 90’s, but many have been updated and remodeled. Most of the homes range in price from $300 to $500k, along with condominiums priced in $200’s. The average homes range in size between 2000-3000 square feet. The average sales price for homes in Lakewood has increased steadily since 2012.
Quality of Life for Lakewood Residents
Lakewood is situated in the Bull Creek Valley, an ideal spot for outdoor enthusiasts. Located on one of Austin’s most popular bicycle routes, and surrounded by the multiple green spaces residents can enjoy an excellent quality of life. Bull Creek Greenbelt is integrated into the neighborhood and offers almost 500 acres of fishing, swimming, dog parks, and hiking trails. Just across the street is Bull Creek Park with almost 50 acres, including one of Austin’s most popular leash free dog parks, a fishing pier, basketball courts and BBQ pits. You might also find neighbors splashing in the spring-fed creek, playing volleyball, hiking the trails or enjoying a picnic. In addition, there are several natural preserves nearby, and trails for mountain biking.
For boating and fishing, the Lake Austin Boat ramp is nearby and Lake Travis is just 13 miles away. One of Texas’ most popular lakes, here you can enjoy all types of activities including parasailing, scuba diving, zip lining and boating. Or, you might prefer to enjoy the lake’s beautiful sunset views while dining at one of the area’s local restaurants.
In addition to the beauty of nature, Lakewood is just 2 miles from the Arboretum shopping area, and within minutes of some of the city’s best shopping, dining and entertainment options.
Lakewood is a part of the AISD school district, the fifth largest school district in Texas. AISD serves approximately 85,000 students at 128 schools, representing more than 94 languages. Two-thirds of AISD schools were rated Exemplary or Recognized under the state rating system in the last few years. Six AISD high schools were among Newsweek’s 2010 “America’s Best High Schools.”
Schools serving the Lakewood neighborhood include Hill Elementary School, Murchison Middle School and Anderson High School.