Shady Hollow was established in 1978 and continued to be built until the late 1990’s. The community is known for its large, beautiful trees, top schools, and established neighborhoods.
Shady Hollow Homes For Sale
- $363,900 : 4211 Reynosa DR, Austin5 beds, 3 baths
- $325,000 : 3212 Fort Worth TRL, Austin4 beds, 2 baths
- $347,000 : 3201 Fort Worth TRL, Austin4 beds, 3 baths
- $349,000 : 11314 Stormy Ridge RD, Austin4 beds, 2 baths
- $398,500 : 3417 DOE RUN, Austin3 beds, 3 baths
- $560,000 : 3408 Green Emerald TER, Austin5 beds, 3 baths
- $575,000 : 3905 Lost Oasis HOLW, Austin4 beds, 4 baths
- $1,799,000 : 12504 Black Mesa CV, Austin5 beds, 4 baths
See all Shady Hollow MLS Listings.
(all data current as of 8/20/2017)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
Shady Hollow is located in Southwest Austin and includes 5 large neighborhoods and a few smaller ones. It is bordered to the north by Reynosa Drive, to the west by a green belt, and south by Frate Barker Road.
Shady Hollow is also known for its wonderful schools.
• Baranoff Elementary School – grades K-5
• Bailey Middle School – grades 6-8
• Bowie High School – grades 9-12
Shady Hollow sports two basketball courts, four tennis courts, swimming pool, two native trails, Doe Run Park, Gatling Gun Park, Shady Hollow West Park, Capistrano Park and the David C. Ellis Community Center
Activities include Swim Team, Kiwanis Club, Scouts, Christian Women’s Club, Neighborhood Bible Study, Garden Club and Crime Watch. There are many volunteer opportunities in the community.
Shady Hollow has many fun events for its residents. Each year the community holds an annual Easter Egg Hunt, a Fourth of July Parade, a Halloween Haunted House, a BBQ Cook-off, a Caroling event at Christmas and a free Document Shredding Day.
• Central Market at the Westgate Shopping Center
• The Shops at Westgate
• Randalls at Slaughter Lane
• HEB in nearby Circle C
• Barton Creek Mall
Coffee lovers, there are many Starbucks locations in the area. You can always find a fix. Restaurants include: Brick Oven Restaurant, which serves delicious pizza and pasta, and the California Pizza Kitchen. The Galaxy Café is locally owned. It offers “fast causal” dining. Maudie’s Hacienda and Tres Amigos are the local Mexican food restaurants.
For all of you movie goers that love dining while watching your movie, a new Alamo Draft House opens in March at Slaughter and MoPac in the new Circle C Shopping Center. This theater has been long awaited and is two years overdue. Circle C & Shady Hollow residents are pleased to welcome the Alamo Draft House to the community.
The Lady Bird Wildflower Center is only 5 minutes from Shady Hollow. It has 16 native gardens and several nature trails. Slaughter Creek Metropolitan Park is also close by, and it has basketball courts, playscapes, hike and bike trails, and a disc golf course.